Transformers Prime Season 3: Rumor

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Zikmaster1000, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Zikmaster1000

Zikmaster1000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay as we know Transformers Prime will have at least 3 seasons before they decide if they will continue with the series or not, and based on past Transformers series, like Animated, Generation One and Beast Wars, Transformers tv Series last between an average of 53 episodes or 3 seasons. I was just doing some reserch and I found something on Wikipedia, and yes I know, Wikipedia can't be trusted 100% so this could just be made up, I thought I would just report it, I don't know if anybody else had already reported this or not, but according to Wikipedia...

"A third season is currently in early development. It is set to be released late 2012-2013 and it is rated SPG a Strong Parental Guidance"

Now again this could be made up because it's from Wikipedia, however think about it, if this is true then that means Transformers Prime will start to get more violent then it is now. Right now Transformers Prime is rated TV-Y7-FV, whic the TV Parental Guidence has described as...

"(Directed to children 7 and older with fantasy violence in shows)
    TV-Y7-FV (Formerly TV-Y7-V) is a alternate version of TV-Y7, When a show has noticeably more fantasy violence than a program rated TV-Y7, it is assigned the TV-Y7-FV rating. Action-adventure shows may carry this rating. Most Japanese anime shows dubbed and aimed at children in the United States are given this rating."

So If Transformers Prime's rating goes up, so will the violence, so that means that if this is true then that means Cliffjumper's death, Breakdowns Death, Arcee's Airachnid Flashbacks and Tailgates death and all the other violent things will get more and more graphic, and remember this might be true or it might now, but what are your thoughts?

2. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I sincerely and wholeheartedly doubt (with a capital 'D') that Prime is going to go darker than it already is and risk the potential of alienating the all-important kid demographic. As toy companies are fond of saying to remind us of our place in the grander scheme of things, 99.9% of their profits come from kids/moms, so doubtful the show will go dark(er).

That being said, if you ask me, in places the show is already pretty dark. I.E., Breakdown loses an eye, BD gets sliced/diced off camera by Airachnid, Prime gets replaced with a mean automaton, Cyrus is crushed by falling debris, etc. In other words, they've gone about as dark as they can w/out going so dark that kids (and more importantly parents) will be turned off.

Oh... and I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that a 3rd season is happening. I didn't read through your post word-for-word Zik... but I get the impression that you're ever so slightly questioning whether a 3rd season is a given. To which I'd reply... it is.

3. stormbringer251

stormbringer251 Well-Known Member

If this is true, that could mean that the 3rd season would be as/more brutal than the 80's TF movie. I wonder if anybody currently in the series will buy it?

4. Zikmaster1000

News Credits:
    I never said this is happening, I doubt it is too, I saw it, wondered if anybody had reported it and wanted to hear some opinions on the matter, I know Season 3 is going to happen, but I don't think it will get more violent, I just wanted to see what you guys thought

5. Zikmaster1000

News Credits:
    My money would be on Optimus, eversince the movie came out in 1986, it has started a sad tradition of Optimus having to die at least once during a series, G1, killed but brought back, Animated, killed brought back 98 seconds later, Movies, killed in ROTF, brought back, even Optimus Primal was belived to have been killed many times, so it's safe to say Optimus at one point, my money is still on Bulkhead for season 2, but maybe they'll kill of Wheeljack or someone else?

6. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Being the researched information is from Wikipedia its a possibility that TFP could get more violent or that the Hub is changing their TV rating system.

Regardless, thanks for the update.

7. Leonis Prime

Leonis Prime Ai-Megumi's Man

I dont see anything wrong with the show going darker and more adult in its content. Thats a sign of a show growing up with its audience.

It never hurts Clone Wars and that shows death and violence in virtually every episode (yes it is a war but I love it anyway.)

8. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If things go the way of 1986, then I'm in. That stuff was hella hardcore, even for today's standards. I wouldn't mind if they went Battle: LA and DotM in the third season either.

I thought it was 78 seconds?

9. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It's pretty dark as it is. I wouldn't mind seeing it though but I wonder if they're going to make it at least on the level of the 1986 film how are they going to get past the whole too scary for kids thing at the Hub?

10. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    >Wikipedia

11. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    The darker, the better.

12. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    The thing about it being rated SPG for Strong Parental Guidence isn't on Wikipedia anymore, so I'm going to say that it wasn't true. And I'm highly doubtful that they would up the rating for Transformers: Prime that much.

13. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Show's dark enough as it is.

Examples:
    Cliffjumper's brutal and graphic death.
    Breakdown loses his eye to MECH.
    Breakdown is sliced to pieces by Airachnid.
    The flashbacks of Arcee held captive by Airachnid and Tailgate's offscreen death.
    Optimus and Megatron's intense battle near the end of 1st Season.
    Any episode involving the Insecticons.
    Episodes Triage and Toxicity.
    Bulkhead's possible death.

14. Evil'Con

Evil'Con Genericon

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I used to question why my grade school teachers always repeated the same things about how Wikipedia was not to be trusted as a primary source of info.

The recent rash of people posting fake information on the site, and people then believing it's true automatically simply because it is on a site full of usually legitimate information, has made me stop questioning it.

16. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    Do /not/ report stuff from Wikipedia. It's unreliable and full of lies when it comes to ongoing shows like TFP. Same goes for IMDB as well.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I hope we get more than 3 Seasons.

It can still turn around and get awesome again. :D 

18. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    This

19. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    Agreed. Not to mention... and I cannot stress this enough... Knockout and Starscream trying to EUTHANIZE Megatron. I was not expecting a show that is essentially meant for kids to touch that taboo.

But yeah, so far TF Prime has pretty much stayed "excitingly" dark and hasn't crossed the fine line into "uncomfortably" dark. I feel like it's striking a nice balance.

... It's not awesome now? Triangulation. Triage. It's not awesome now???

20. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Not to mention the slow death of two of the Insecticons (if memory serves) in Toxicity from ToxEn, and Silas' near being crushed to death.