Does anyone like Movie Optimus Agressive personality?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by eagc7, Jan 26, 2012.

?

like or no?

1. Yes!

53.3%
  2. No!, he must be like his G1 (or whatever continuty) personality!

17.2%
  3. Mixed feelings

29.6%
  1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    i do like his agressive personality, IMO that makes him the Best Optimus Prime ever.

2. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm perfectly fine with it.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Not a fan, to say the least.

4. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

I like to see different versions, so as not to get bored with his character being the same. I like the aggressiveness! :thumb 

5. robodog

robodog Fur, Fangs and Steel

I kind of like the more agressive Prime. I don't know if I'd go so far as to say he's the best Prime ever, but I still like this take on the character.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Nay to psycho Prime.

7. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I vote no.

And I don't see this thread ending very well. :popcorn 

8. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Yes. It's novel and I like the juxtaposition of Prime's generally saintly attitude and his quite frankly bloodthirsty character.

9. kiko315

kiko315 Well-Known Member

His aggression is fine. What I don't/didn't like was his being a one-man army.

10. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I don't see his personality as being aggressive.

11. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

You all try seeing your best and not to mention oldest friends slaughtered in the space of five (give or take) years and then not go on a rampage after those who murdered them. Shockwave killed Elita; Megatron killed Jazz and Optimus; Sentinel rusted Ironhide away. He may not say anything about Elita and Ironhide but the way he just loses it is clear enough, he's tired of this war. His friends are dead and his own mentor is trying to enslave Earth. In my opinion this makes him A LOT more human then his other incarnations. G1 Optimus did the rampage in the G1 movie but it couldn't be like Movie Prime's because it was a cartoon and kids show. Notice how the cons who get the most brutal deaths from Optimus are the ones who murdered his best friends. To explain The Fallen, his face was a symbol of the Primes and Optimus just said "Nup, you're no Prime; give me your face!"

Optimus is a hell of a lot more human then the others. And this makes him my favorite version of the character. He may not be the best in everyone else's opinion but he is in mine.

Speech over.

12. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

throughout the history optimus always has been that, but in TF1 and 3 he struggled against megatron and sentinel, because he was not has strong as the 2 in films 1 and 3, he needed help from sam and megatron. And he needed jetfire to stop the fallen and got killed by megatron, so optimus has not always seen things go his way

13. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I think his new personality was a nice change of pace compared to the others, making him more of a soldier and less of a superhero, it was interesting to see a more down-to-Earth Prime.

I specially liked that because I developed a dislike for those scenes where the hero lets the ridicuously dangerous villain live due his moral code [except when said hero it's Batman, than the issue has been tackled well enough], you do know he's going to kill three times more people when he returns, right? It was nice to see a protagonist who would be aware of such obvious problems.

It's not like anyone is following the movie's trend, Prime-Optimus is the most merciful being on Earth, no really, he wouldn't kill a fly if he didn't need to do it.

14. EmbraceThePurpl

EmbraceThePurpl Raisin man

....Dont you think people on the MOVIE forum are going to like Movie optimus? This polls results should be painfully obvious....

On topic....i don't really like movie Prime, but other people are entitled to their opinions

15. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

I don't necessarily mind it, but I feel like people wouldn't have hated it as much if they actually showed Optimus gradually growing into it.

16. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Oooooooooooooh, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 

17. EShadowP

EShadowP Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love me some movie Prime.

[​IMG]

Boogah Boogah!

18. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    "No!, he must be like his G1 (or whatever continuty) personality!"

Why does G1 have to be brought in to this? Why couldn't a simple "No" suffice?

19. kookookajew

kookookajew Well-Known Member

I love em. I honestly get fucking tired of the same prime who doesn't do anything over and over and over again.. Ive heard people be like ,"HES CRAZY AND HE SHOULD ALWAYS BE KIND AND IF YOU LIKE THIS PRIME YOU MAKE ME WORRY BECAUSE YOU ARE CRAZY TOO" ..

I guess overall I like him because he honestly, if he had done stuff like let the fallen and sentinel live .. I think they wouldve fucking destroyed the world and he knew that .. People are so dumb to jump to conclusion that "OH HES OPTIMUS.. HE MUST LET EVERYONE LIVE" .. dude .. do you honestly think that letting those decepticons live for the sake of living would have made things better or they would've been up for change? Noooo ..

People need to remember that the decepticons in the movie franchise are DIFFERENT than that of the decepticons from G1 ... they are an actual threat to humanity and will stop at nothing.

20. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    As you can tell from my avatar and quote/tagline/whatever, he's my favorite Optimus, because as Chopperface puts it, he gets shit done. I don't see any of the 'Cons he killed coming back to hurt anyone else. He still carried a lot of the archetypical Optimus's moral fiber, but without that naive compassion for the pitiless - unlike so many supposedly wise Optimuses, he gets that showing mercy to evildoers only lets the evildoer return to hurt more people, as Overlord Balder pointed out.

On top of that, his aggressive fighting style means that we get to see some seriously awesome fight scenes, like his battle against Bonecrusher, the Forest Fight, and his rampage against Shockwave and the other 'Cons in Chicago.