Customs: Unicron9 Custom Workshop

Discussion in 'Commissioner Listing and Feedback' started by Unicron9, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

Hello! TJ here, AKA Unicron9.
    I have been collecting action figures for as long as I can remember and I've been modifying, rebuilding, painting and repairing them for almost 15 years as both my hobby and my jobby.

I've done hundreds of custom figures for inspired and often quite creative customers and I use only high quality paints, protective sprays and proper prep work so the custom figures I create are built to last.

I've always been told by my repeat customers that they come to me to get the best prices for the quality of work and experience you can find, plus often the fastest turnaround times too. I don't even take commissions past the point of having a couple of months of work to do because I feel no customer should to have to wait several months or longer to get the custom they paid for, and honestly I prefer not to overwhelm myself with that much work waiting on my desk either. I do like to keep making money though, so I don't slack off for months, much less years like some I have heard horror stories about from customers. Nobody has ever had to worry about anything from me in all my years doing this, and I intend to continue that tradition of a strong work ethnic and good honest communication as long as I do this.

I work on all types of action figures, not just Transformers!
    Near 15 years of experience in doing figure repaints, resculpting parts, complete sculpts over base figures, head swaps, fitting shapeway parts, paint touch-ups, adding extra details, repair work and more.

Want to greatly enhance or altogether change a figure? Here's how to get started-

1. Email me at [email protected] with your ideas to get price quotes and other info.
    2. Mail me the base figure or link me to what you want me to buy then send the cost to my Paypal.
    3. I will contact you when the base figure(s) arrive.
    4. Pay to my paypal and I get to work ASAP

I do customs in the order they are paid and I usually put in hours each day working on them. Wait times for me to get started vary depending on how much work I have paid up at the time of your payment. Some customers choose to pay as soon as we come to an agreement to secure their project's place in line before I get more jobs paid up or take too much work to keep taking more.

Customers can expect frequent updates, very fast email responses, honest opinions, quick overall turnaround, photos of progress, clear final photos that are usually posted on various websites after completion, and the custom is not considered completed until you love it.

See more of my work at Unicron9 on deviantART or follow me on facebook at Unicron9 Custom Figures Workshop | Facebook or just google (image search) Unicron9 to see tons of my work.

If you have bought from me before, please feel free to leave a comment about it here!

Below are some of the custom figures I have done.
    Thanks for looking, and thank you so much to all of the people who have trusted me to customize their figures over the years!!!

beast_wars_outback_by_unicron9_dfawef4.jpg
    vertabreak_half_skinned_by_unicron9_dfkgqur.jpg
    supermech_by_unicron9_dfg3nqd-fullview.jpg
    beast_wars_season_1_cryotek_by_unicron9_dezjq24.jpg
    beast_wars_dr__pecker_by_unicron9_df6o9a2.jpg
    B'boom Custom Figure 2.jpg
    optimus_major_by_unicron9_df4dajj-fullview.jpg
    df2rdie-11d5cfa1-017e-4305-9a70-a047a28c1b52.jpg
    beast_wars_roadkill__opossum__by_unicron9_dezjoor.jpg
    Final Battle Masterpiece Beast Wars Dinobot.jpg
    armada_energon_unicron_by_unicron9_dfergvn.jpg
    dckpibl-2fe50d02-3fd6-4914-a97b-0728f5b9d0a4.jpg View attachment 28268304 View attachment 28268305 View attachment 28268306 View attachment 28268307 DSC08541.JPG jetstorm.jpg uss-enterprise-transformer-cut-thumb-640x993-22501.jpg View attachment 28268311 junkload_van_damme_by_unicron9_d4z5qdz-fullview.jpg loadblower.jpg View attachment 28271033
    View attachment 28304541

Last edited: Oct 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 22
  2. cryonaut

cryonaut Lurker

Ebay:
    Unicron-9 Feedback

To anyone looking for a custom bot, I HIGHLY recommend Unicron-9's Workshop. Not only is TJ's work absolutely top-notch, but he is really great to work with as well. He covers every aspect of working on a commission with top-level professionalism in my opinion. I think the pictures of his work speak for themselves so I don't need to gush about how smooth his paint-jobs are. Aside from that though, he's friendly and down to earth (which makes it easy to communicate and work with him), great at collaborating on custom ideas, able to come up with ingenuitive solutions, quick to respond and provide updates while work is being done, and is willing to work with customers on commission schedules and payment plans. Plus, he KNOWS his G1, which is important in my book. I've attached a few more examples of his awesome work.

Note: I was not paid in any way to gush like that. I'm just a very happy customer.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  3. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Just received three commissioned pieces - a BW inferno repaint, some painted classics repro seeker null rays, and a KO device label ravage into Ramhorn. Very fast turnaround with terrific communication and reasonable prices. Thanks again!

4. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Recieved 3 commissioned piece from TJ. He is a great guy to work with. The fastest turnarounds and one of the most professional paint jobs I have seen. Very knowledgable. He is very patient with me when we were bouncing ideas, and I tend to be VERY picky!

highly recommended!

He has excellent communication as well. We exchanged over 200 emails over the course of 2 weeks about the project.

5. Rick2345

Rick2345 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'd like to know how much that omega supreme figure is or how much you charge for a custom pm me please

6. Unicron9

Thanks for the kind words guys!
    PMed ya Rick.

7. yarddog

yarddog New Member

custom Kup

I recently purchased this custom Kup from Unicron9 and cannot express enough how happy I am. The pictures do not really tell all. There is a certain uniqueness to the color that will not come across in photos. He has so captured the essence of Kup, Tj is truly a gifted artist. The way this looks here, in front of me, the windshield screams g1 Kup. this also won't show as dynamic as it really is. My pictures do not do this work of art justice. the attention to detail is astounding.

I must admit I bought this as display piece, investment type of toy, but I cannot keep my hands off of it. In the month that I've had it I've transformed it at least 8 times. I'm sure you all know this toy is a very hands on transformation, and there is not even the slightest hint of the paint being affected, not a speck! Not a fleck!!

Dealing w/ Unicron9 was also a pleasure. Extremely professional and very courteous. I would recommend this artist before ANY other customizer. Many, many thanks for the pride of my toy collection, and I look forward to my next one.

sincerely, Ross

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  8. ew1983

ew1983 Well-Known Member

Very nice Kup and cool idea

9. zzffnn

zzffnn New Member

Ebay:
    I highly recommend Unicon-9's custom work to anyone. I am a cheap bastard who is also very picky.Unicon-9 patiently worked with me, and make me very very happy, with my very very tiny budget. His custom work is top notch, IMHO the photo I am showing
    here does not do justice to the model. The paint detials are amazing and movie acurrate. Unicon-9 also updated me every step along the custom process, took my inputs seriously, explained things to me in details and finished the work quickly. What more can I ask for. I feel very fortunate that I could work with Unicon-9!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  10. zzffnn

zzffnn New Member

Ebay:
  11. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Just received some more terrific work at terrific prices. As always, there was a great dialogue throughout...a few pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a previous commission:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  12. mcurvelo

mcurvelo New Member

Considering that TJ did for me over 10 customizations (I really have lost count), from simple repaintings to even major modifications, I can say without a doubt that he is a great artist. I recommed him to you all.

here are some works he has done for me (you can check his website for pictures):

- G1 Megatron (fantastic)
    - Trypticon G1 (black metal refinishing)
    - G1 Predaking
    - G1 Omega Supreme
    - G1 Unicron

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Unicron9

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Supervir2 those are some nice pics!! Love the Starscream ones.

Marcello the work I did for you taught me so much in my first 2 years as a customizer. I think I've come a long way since some of those monster projects I did back then. Thank you!

14. Unicron9

Hey guys. I updated my OP with new pics of some more recent work and a little more info.
    As my customers know, I have some of the fastest turnaround times, trusted high-quality work, and some of the lowest prices for that quality level in the business.

Until late October I will only be taking commissions for light and full repaints and light mods such as head swaps and such. I'm a bit too busy for any huge heavy mod commissions right now.

15. isamu24

isamu24 Member

I just got my beast wars megatron back from tj it was the origional first style he repainted it to make it look more show accurate and in my opinion it looks better than the updated 10 year anniversary that they came out with he is quick, nice and makes sure you are happy with ur product. will go back to him for sure for my future customizing needs

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  16. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Got my commissions from Unicron9. They are amazingly well done. He allows you to make a lot of input in the final results and even gives you options and suggestions so that the custom turns out perfectly the way you wanted. He checks and responds to emails very quickly and also works at an amazing rate. The custom will be back to your doorstep before you know it.

I commissioned Beast wars season 1 Rattrap, Scorponok, and Terrorsaur as their toys are just not as cool as the on show counterparts. And the other characters got beautiful Japanese repaints which just make these ones look even worse when on display together, which is why I had to get them repainted.

He painted each one in the proper style and texture as well! From the furry look on Rattrap, to the very shiny metallic look on Terrorsaur, to the dirty/wet look of Scorponok.

He even did little mods to each one such as filling in unsightly screw holes or tightening joints. Hell, Scorponok has a brand new head which really makes him so much better looking.
    Also had him do TM2 Dinobot and the result is fantastic. See the pics for yourself. I'll add a few of my own in another post. EDIT: pics wont show up, please click the links to see the amazing customs.

Transmetal2 Dinobot
    Scorponok
    Terrorsaur
    Rattrap

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Unicron-9 worked on another Wreckers combiner team for me. As always, its been a pleasure. His turn around time for a combiner was extremely quick... I believe it took only 3 months. He guided and provided photos step by step, and I dare say, I receive an update almost every day with photos. He also provides tons of recommendation, and being as picky as I am, he has a very good temper at it.

Moreover, his price is VERY reasonable for the amount of work he will do for you. But it doesn't compromise quality at all. He is constantly pushing his skill as a customizer to do an even better job. Highly highly recommended. Definitely try him out. I would dare say his speciality is speed. The turn around time is unheard-of, and the quality that comes with it is one that I have seen few able to compete.

18. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    I was attempting to remove the paint from Maketoys Seasprays faceplate, however i ended up accidently removing the entire face, so i hired Unicron-9 to repaint the face for me, as you can see in the pic he not only repainted the face but it looks better than the factory paintjob. had it back to me in under a week too. excellent communication and very proffessional

thanks again bro!!!!

Attached Files:

19. soneji73

soneji73 New Member

Just got back my commission megatron from unicron9. It looks incredible. T.J. works at an amazing pace. He sends daily pics so you know the progress and can tweak things if you like. His prices are the best in the business. And best of all he has great communication. Nothing worse then sending a message about a project and not getting an answer for 4 days. Bottom line if you have a commission in mind call Unicron9. You won't be disappointed.

20. Unicron9

Thanks for the nice comments guys! Very much appreciated.

I am back open for commissions of all types now, so just shoot me a message to get prices or start a new project.