By Generation: RtS/United Lugnut Hand Modification

Discussion in 'Tutorials and How Tos' started by Rotorstorm, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hi there! Since I first did this in February, I have seen a few threads asking exactly how I went about giving Lugnut full finger dexterity. So since I finally managed to get my hands on another, I thought it was about time I put this together so without further ado, here he is:

[​IMG]

Hello Lugnut,

[​IMG]

Now, as you can see his hand is going to need sawing through to make this possible. There are several ways to go about thisk, but first things first:

[​IMG]

Remove the screw on his forearm (shown here), and pull off the wing tip that is attached as a friction joint:

[​IMG]

Don’t worry about Lugnut; he should be fine for a bit without it. Jjust remember to keep the screw safe as it is needed for reassembly:

[​IMG]

This is the piece in question that is going to be altered for the dexterity. You will need a saw and ideally a vice or workbench. If you have one, a Dremel; I don't so it's all done manually. DO NOT REMOVE THE PIN IN THE FINGERS! There is only one pin within, so that will need sawing in half as well as the plastic:

[​IMG]

Now there are several ways to go about this, [but] I recommend you cut it like this rather than standing up, as this way you are more likely to get a straighter line when cutting through.

With that out of the way, get your saw and get sawing (hand cameo!):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

. . . .and here we have it! [Now there’s] one hand for Lugnut with full finger movement, and no effect on any other aspect of the toy. Now, you too can have a Lugnut whose fingers move like this:

[​IMG]

I hope that's been some help and answered questions about how I did it!

Both of the pin halves remain secure after the cut is made. Not sure why, but they just are since the pin is in them so firmly I struggle to remove either side with tools. Having done it to a previous Lugnut who was thoroughly tested, I can say that there is very little chance of them coming loose.

Yup that’s all there is to it! [It's] incredibly simple but really effective - the best kind of mod.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.