By Generation: G1 Galvatron w/ Light-up Cannon **A HOW-TO**

Discussion in 'Tutorials and How Tos' started by Maximal Prime, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maximal Prime

Maximal Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    When I started this project a few years ago, I posted a how-to over on TFmaster's site, and it got deleted awhile back. Since I wasn't a member of TFW2005 back then, I thought I would post it here for anyone who might want to try the same thing.

It all started with this:
    [​IMG]

A little keychain led light that I thought I might be able to use to light up G1 Galvatron's cannon.

When I dissassembled it however, I could not get the light bulb out of the casing.

So it was back to the drawing board. I picked this up at a local Target for $2.49 on clearence:
    [​IMG]

Took it home and tore it apart:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I then took apart Galvatron's cannon:
    [​IMG]

I hit a snag when I found that the A76 Button Cell batteries were too big to fit in the cannon. The smaller 362 Button Cell batteries from the first led light would fit. I got lucky.
    [​IMG]

I then carved out a hole for the light to fit inside the cannon:
    [​IMG]

Next I carved a hole on top for the light switch, then repeated it for the other side:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The inside of the cannon after I carved and shaved the left side so I had room:
    [​IMG]

After carving the insides of the cannon to fit the electronics, I glued the led bulb in place:
    [​IMG]

Then I set & glued the Switch box in place:
    [​IMG]

I got lucky again, this led bulb can run off of only two of the 392 Button Cell batteries. Good thing too, because three would not have fit:
    [​IMG]

Re-assembled the cannon, painted the cannon using Krylon Fusion Grey, and done:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I also took my old G1 Galvatron and painted him in his movie colors. I also Inserted clear red plastic behind the eyes and gave him some fresh stickers:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And wouldn't you know it, about a month after I completed it, they announced the "Official" re-paint and the grey one was the e-hobby repaint. Go figure, lol

***attached photos***

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.