POKÉMON! The all encompassing thread of 'Gotta catch 'em all!'

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by scourge25, Jun 21, 2008.

?

Favorite Pokemon Generation

1. Gen 1

141 vote(s)
    39.8%
  2. Gen 2

63 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Gen 3

58 vote(s)
    16.4%
  4. Gen 4

41 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Gen 5

51 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. scourge25

scourge25 Banned

Hey i just brought a DS again. I picked up Pearl and Zelda. How is Pearl? How many Pokemon are in it? I already know its good. I brought this game so i can play at work i be bored all day.

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I'd put the 4th gen (of which includes Diamond, Pearl, and the upcoming Platinum) as the best of them, IMO. It has some great additions for competitive players (online being a big help, as well as the new physical/special system, new evolutions and whatnot) as well as some good pokemon, and other fun-ness.

In total (including the event only pokemon) there are 493 pokemon in the games, however for some pokemon, I do believe it is only starters and legendaries, you will need to transfer (not trade mind you) from 3rd generation titles.

3. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    that damn game has taken 300+ hours of my life and the amount of pokemon varies to what pokemon advanced game is in:lolol 

4. Transfan2

Transfan2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Theory #1: "They might be saving event items until Pokemon Platinum comes out in USA because they want to hype it and perhaps give Member's card when that game comes out so those people who messed This Year's Event Darkrai (2008) to have a chance to get it while those with Diamond/Pearl could have a chance to get item legally as well, but note, this is only a theory." <=Especially if the events for like Darkrai are still in Pokemon Platinum.
    ^===This is my theory regarding Darkrai's Event Item.
    --------------
    (Title if Needed): Pokemon - Do you want to obtain Membership's Card For Darkrai Legally

(Opening): This thread has been made for the purpose of showing Nintendo that there is interest
    in getting Member's Card legally to obtain the Darkrai within Pokemon Diamond/Pearl.

I do plan on sending a link to Nintendo so they can see the interest of people wanting to obtain this event key item to get Game's Darkrai in a legal fashion. So if you agree and want a shot at getting this item legally, post here.

^===This was an idea of mine, I may not do it, but I thought I check for your opinions regarding this before I do anything else (if it is a bad idea, I can understand).
    --------------
    Pokemon Goal To Reach: 491
    (Including Movie Legit Darkrai/USA Event Darkrai)

Pokemon Obtained At This Time: 477
    Pokemon Left To Get: 14

^--Current Status on my Pokemon Pearl Game (I am glad that I finally have a game that gives me the chance to actually Complete the PokeDex).

-TF2

5. scourge25

scourge25 Banned

Thats all i need to hear dude :thumbs2: 

6. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They need to hold a Celebi event of some kinda...since it's still the rarest Pokemon ever >_<

7. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Pretty good game, sucks up a lot of your time(especially if you got it when it came out, there were Gamestop tourneys and Wi-Fi tourneys and trades all the time) but I still like the GSC better, since there were 2 regions to go through

8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Yeah there were two regions but one was rather meh (Johto) and the other (Kanto) was a completely half-assed shell of its former self.

9. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

OK, abbreviating it as D/P totally makes me think of the wrong thing...

10. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    As much as Id love to see the member's card Darkrai available legitimatly, Im pretty sure it isnt even possible to get it that way in japan yet, since the only Darkrai event there has been the movie one (which is exactly the same as the one given out in US TRUs) so it could be a while before this item is around in any shape of form other than cheats. Platinum's main event focus is more than likely going to be Shaymin, given its new forme and the games new area (and after that looks like the regis will be next in line event-wise). But if you're gonna approach Nintendo with this you have my 100% support in your efforts.

---------------

My thoughts on Diamond/Pearl....absolutely fantastic. Though personally not my favourite game (Gold and Silver will always be the best ones as far as I'm concerned) it comes in at a very close second. The maps are beautiful and the new game mechanics work a treat. VERY time consuming though....I clocked in about 350 hours when I finished it 100% I think.

And just because I wanna show off a little :p  491 Pokemon caught (including a legit Movie 10 Japanese Darkrai) and all 28 Unown :D . I'm just biding my time til Platinum now.

11. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    D/P are great games, and I'm itching to get platinum.
    I started out with Turtwig in Diamond, and Chimchar in Pearl.
    DONT USE ACTION REPLAY TO GET LEGENDARY POKEMON!!!

It screwed up my diamond game A LOT. I'm thinking of restarting it.

also, www.psypokes.com is a great website for guides and pokemon info. It even tells you the chance of capturing a shining pokemon.

12. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    It would be nice if the combined all the games into one long quest without having 7 different games.

Still platinum is a must buy for me.

13. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    ............double post

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  14. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

For what it's worth, Pokemon Platinum is on the way soon. The 4th generation of Yellow, Crystal, and Emerald.

15. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    This.
    Not got an action replay myself, but I have enough of a hatred for it from going online and ending up battling people whose teams consist of shiny legendaries that all have wonder guard as an ability. Really ruins the fun of online play.

On the subject of shinies, anyone had much luck with them? I got a Machop by pure luck once, and have got a few from trades before, but the whole chain thing with the pokeradar never seems to get anywhere for me.

16. gil

gil Godmaster

About the Action Replay. I don't have one for the DS, but I had one for the Advance. I don't use it to get Shinies, but I do use it for unlimited master balls, unlimited TMs, and the tickets for legendaries. I do not use it to get legendaries in the wild, but I do get the real legendary with a fake ticket.

I was thinking about getting an Action Replay for the DS, but I have to ask: Did your game screw up because you put the legendary in the wild? What happens if you use an action Replay for a ticket and use that ticket to get to the island with the actual legendary? Does it still screw up the game?

17. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

I managed to capture a shiny Shinx by chaining with the pokeradar. I think that was up to 58 when I found it and is the best I've been able to do. I had to trade it to get a Ho-Oh though.

I'm not a fan of Action Replay either. Although that's mostly because I don't want to risk my save file getting corrupted and loose everything I've accomplished.

18. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:

Why is everyone looking at me like that?

19. Transfan2

Transfan2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for your comments and support, but it seems like I am having problems with contacting Nintendo about it since they seem to give me the run around regarding answers.

My next plan is to see if I could start an online petition and use it as a platform to show Nintendo that there are fans who want to obtain Member's card without cheating and such, it's like only back-up plan I have at the moment though.

What do you think?

-TF2

20. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I used a friend's AR to get all the legends but didn't use them in serious battles. I always fought Lvl 100 Single, 6 on 6, no legends on Wi-Fi

I still like GSC better. This generation tried to make up for it by Wi-Fi but went wrong with Friend Codes and, from time to time, unbearable lag, it's a frickin RPG!