Botcon 2007 - Transformers Collectors Club Roundtable

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Use this thread to discuss Botcon 2007 - Transformers Collectors Club Roundtable Images and Information.

Full Botcon 2007 gallery here: Botcon 2007

Update from Sol:

lots of interesting stuff come out of this session:

- There may still be hope for the four 6 inch Titaniums (Arcee, Shockwave, Cosmos and WW Bumblebee)

- The Seacons were asked about a couple of times. The response was "Seacons? What are they?" Seems to me that they might actually be in the pipeline in some fashion or another.

- The possibility of getting Elita 1 or Sunstorm as a club store exclusive was raised - the panel responded with a firm "no comment", "many projects they cannot discuss are being worked on"

- Exclusives are hard to do because Takara are reluctant to commit to the small production run. This was the reason for the delay on Breakaway, the club exclusive toy, and kickback rules

- Electronic registration is highly unlikely due to potential problems with processing. Brian Savage stressed that it takes a long time to process forms because of the amount of errors on forms / hard to read etc, in future they'll process correct forms first.

- The club store will NOT be carrying SDCC Rodimus or Menasor, due to the problems they had with Nemesis Prime last year.

- The "cart issue" where something is not removed from stock until you check out will be fixed so it will be removed from stock when you put it in your cart in future.

- The club fiction, "The Razor's Edge" will be done and posted shortly, hopefully in a week.

- Unused Exclusive toy ideas were talked about. Alpha Trion was a holdover from a previous idea for this year's boxed set (hence he is not in the comic, nor counted as a Classic due to the fact it is placed in the Marvel G1 Comic continuity)

- Other unused ideas - Wolfang was to be an on the door exclusive, not Tigatron, also initially last year the other two pack set was to be Terrorsaur and Divebomb, but Hasbro could not find the other Machine Wars jet to use as Terrorsaur so the plan was changed.

- Ben Yee expressed an interest in doing a set of "reborn Deluxe Insecticons" after the Descent into Evil set

- Springer / Cybertron Defence Hot Shot redeco was initially going to be Sentinel Prime.

- The possibility of having a Leader in the exclusive boxed set was discussed. The trade off is that the cost would have to go up, Fun Publications are very interested to know what people would think to having less toys in the box if it meant they got a Leader "because there are some great Leader Class toys out there"

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they release those four 6"-ers, I'd be insanely happy.

And I'm all for the price going up if we get a Leader toy.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Sweet, there's still a chance for Ti. Shockwave. The leader exclusive sounds interesting. It all depends on which mold it is in my opinion, lol.

4. 1UpCheatachu

1UpCheatachu Lemony Fresh TFW2005 Supporter

Yay! I may still get WW Bumblebee!!

5. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

So its all right when they do it for their products, but not ones for Hasbro's.

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Please oh please Hasbro,have those 6 inch Titaniums get made!!*crosses fingers*

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, I'd be all for a leader in the boxset. Sure the price would go up, but I'd love to see what they can do.

8. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I glad theres hope for the unused Titniums.

9. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

Heres hoping that the 6" titaniums if they do get made get a retail release, and NOT just and exclusive botcon release next year. I'd like to get them too yah know! And hopefully less than 50$ a piece to boot!

10. Lilformer

Lilformer Active Member

saw the film yesturday i think what will happen in the sequel is WARNING SPOILERS: Starscream will make an army including the constucticons and soundwave he will go back to earth bring bonecrusher back from the scrapheap and launch an atack against the autobots (Rachet will bring jazz back}. Then the consructicons(including bonecrusher) and soundwave will betray starscream and then go bring megatron back and the other decepticons and then megatron will build an new decepticon an aircraft carier one seen as bay plans to in second probaly called tidalwave and the autobots will create the dinobots and a couple of other autobots will come from cybertron or somewhere else and join them.

hope to attend botcon in 2010 at the monent im to busy.

hope you like my idea for the seconed the pepole who read it.

11. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    WOOHOOO! C'mon, still hope yet!

Did Kickback add this, or did they actually read that out?
    (I could see them doing that, he is pretty awesome)

12. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    I don't mean to be a jerk, and I'm a big supporter of the club and what FP is doing on a lot of fronts, but this is patently absurd. If it takes a long time to process forms because people's handwriting is hard to read, THAT PROBLEM IS SOLVED with online processing, not the other way around. In some ways (newsprint classifieds, faxed registrations), Brian Savage is trapped in the world of 1992, and he really needs to get over it. Done right, online registration simplifies the process for everyone involved, FP included.

I think this is a great idea. I'd fully support a box set that contained, say, three toys instead of five or six if it meant one of them was a Leader class toy. Unfortunately it'll be too late for next year, but maybe in '09.

13. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:

I agree about the Leader exclusive. It really depends on which mold it is for me.

As far as the Titaniums go, I also hope they're retail or something, and not a Collector's Club exclusive.

14. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd definitely join the club and pay decent money for those four (even though Hal's version of Arcee is better and not as slim/spindly looking)

15. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    it's also twice the size

16. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

sucks about Rodimus not being available.

17. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

I call shenanigans. Anyone who seriously collects Microman has gotta be with me shaking their heads in disbelief right now after reading that.

18. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    That's good, because I'd pay for all four of them. :D 

They don't know who the Seacons are? WTF!? Ugh. Some of these guys must have NO knowledge of Transformers whatsoever, they're just on it for the cash.

Damn. Well, I guess I can understand, what with the whole fiasco over Nemesis Prime that happened last year. But now I'm wondering if I'll even be able to get Rodimus, or risk it and get...(oh God) his KISS PLAYERS version. I'm already barfing at the idea. :upchuck

19. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Even though nothing is remotely set in stone, this just made my day. Hopefully the near hundreds of pages on here, on Seibertron.com, on Allspark.com, etc. of fans pleading & begging to have these figures made will make a bit of difference in Hasbro's decision.

20. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude. You did read the original post, right? They know who the Seacons are. They're just being coy. No need to flame.

- The Seacons were asked about a couple of times. The response was "Seacons? What are they?" Seems to me that they might actually be in the pipeline in some fashion or another.