Macross JetFire Reissue

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by c0rderr0y, May 9, 2007.

1. c0rderr0y

c0rderr0y Member

I was at comic con last year and they had the Macross reissue of VF1 I believe (was also used to make the JetFire Transformer) I went to the ATM to get cash came back and it was sold.

Anyone know where I can get it ? or what the exact Toy was called?

2. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

3. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
  4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're looking for the VF-1S Super mold (as opposed to 1A or 1D, which have different heads. Super indicates that it has the armor). Specifically the Bandai 1/55 scale, as opposed to Yamato's 1/60 or 1/48 scale figures.

5. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    As an aside, both the Yamato 1/60 and 1/48 toys are infinitely superior to the original VF-1 Takatoku (later sold to Bandai) molds.

6. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's it just me, or is there not a single Valk deco out there that looks nearly as good as Jetfire's?

Ok, I'm biased, but still.
    :wink: 

7. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I for one don't like the skulls and all that shit.

8. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    The Stealth disagrees!

9. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like that because I think the 1/48's are pure awesome... but no go on the two-tone grey for me.

There's something magic about the die-casty goodness of the Bandai 1/55 in red & white with that big fat Autobot logo.

10. JunkersHVN

JunkersHVN Well-Known Member

The Yamato versions are a bit more accurate but the Bandai ones just seem a lot sturdier - they were true toys, not just display pieces.

Mind you, Jetfire was only -mostly- the VF-1S mold. The nose cone section came off of one of the other VF molds. I forget which one, tho.

11. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

If you want to buy a Valkyrie, even if it's because you like Jetfire, please at least make an attempt to watch Super Dimensional Macross first.

12. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The 1/48 VF-1S by Yamato is pure sweetness. Honestly you cannot go wrong with either the Hikaru or Roy version.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

He may just want the vintage style. I have 2 1/48 (Miriya and Roy), but still picked up 2 of the Bandai rereleases to have the vintage style as well. Hell, after 20+ years the Tokutoku mold still holds up. It sure beats the hell out of the Toynami releases.

Not to mention the Bandai ones are a whole lot cheaper than a Yammy. Although a 1/55 with super parts is getting close.

14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    The Jetfire mold was from A VF-1S super valkyrie with the nose from the VE-1 ELINT Seeke(valkyrie AWACS).

Macross came out in 1982, developed by Shoji Kawamori, Miyatake and Studio Nue. Funny thing is, Kawamori had also designed some Diaclones prior to this. And would later return to transformers 2 decades later to design THS-02 Convoy and of course, MP Starscream.

What I would find ironic would be if he indeed turned out to be the designer of Diaclone Acrobat F-15, which would later be used for Starscream and the seekers.

In Macross, the valkyries are piloted and belong to squadrons, the Skull squadron being the squadron of the Skull Leader/1 named Roy Focker. He later dies and his valkyrie is passed onto his pupil, Hikaru, who becomes Skull Leader in his place.

Its my favorite anime series and ironically I was introduced to it by Jetfire when my mom bought it for me as a child. I have a feeling alot of transformers fans who are also fans of Macross where introduced to Macross in the same way.

If you want something as close as you can get to the original jetfire, go bandai. It is very durable and to date, still the most durable jetfire out there. Get Yamato if you are patient and willing to accept that though it can be manhandled and is way more durable than your alternators ever will be, it is still not rock hard as the bandai.

15. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Everyone should have at least one 1/48 VF-1S.

It's just so iconic in the anime world.

16. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    *ahem*

Super DIMENSION Fortress Macross. If you're going to act like a Macros snob, at least get the name correct.:lol  (totally kidding)

I love my stealth. And VF-1S Hikaru. I need to buy the super parts...:( 

17. c0rderr0y

c0rderr0y Member

Thanks for the input guys =D I have seen macross I only used the JEtfire reference because thats the version that I wanted.

18. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Oh, and of course, if you're desperate and short of cash, there's always the cheap alternative... the Happywell Galaxy Defender "Variable Cyberbot"! :) 

See Variable Cyberbot here at agesthreeandup.com

I have one of these, and I have to confess... it has some surface detailing differences, and the plastic is a bit cheaper, but it's still pretty sweet. Other than that, it's mostly identical to Jetfire (without armour). The landing gear and jointing parts are even die-cast metal too! For $10, it's hard to go wrong. :) 

zmog

19. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    This is probably the closest you're going to get without actually picking up a Jetfire. (Right here.)

It's essentially the same mold used for the original Jetfire. Only differences are the colours (this is Roy Focker's Valkyrie... Hikaru's is closer to Jetfire) and the nose wchich is more rounded and blunt on Jetfire.

20. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Thanks to Cdnshockwave for hooking me up with this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]