New MC Newsletter arriving-- info on Astrotrain!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Beastbot X, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In the newest issue of Master Collector, there's a short article on Astrotrain, as well as a drawing of Astrotrain and his partially-shadowed Minicons.

First-- the Minicon repaints that will be coming with Astrotrain are the GIANT PLANET TEAM. From the drawing, Longarm has been repainted orange and blue (or purple, it's hard to tell), Overcast has been repainted blue (or purple) and gold, and.. I can't really see much of Deepdive's coloration from the picture, other than some gray on his shoulders. It's not mentioned which Minicon is named which, except that the Comettor repaint in gray and blue/purple is named STARCATCHER. (A nice compromise between the suggested joke name "Cowcatcher" on the Club forums!) Also, it looks like Astrotrain is part of Cannonball's crew-- another suggestion from the Club forums made reality!

There will also be an as-yet-unannounced second club exclusive figure to be released at about the same time as Astrotrain this fall. China has been very slow getting back to MC about the pricing info and such, and they are sorry for the delay.

Also, when the Astrotrain figure is released this fall, an illustrated text story will accompany it.

(Also, in case you're wondering what else is in the MC newsletter, there's the usual IDW comic, IDW solications, and fanart page, as well as an article describing the Hasbro team's trip to the movie set, Part 4 of the "Roadmap to the TF Multiverse" series featuring Japanese comics, 2 Lil' Formers strips, a Mini Mayhem! strip,a Landquake bio, a bio for Anti-Blaze, Scythe, and Checkpoint, and a review on some past Japanese TF video games.

2. Blitzwing

Blitzwing Enigmatic by nature

Hang on a mo, wasn't he supposed to come with the Space team repainted into Hook, Line and Sinker?
    If they're using the Giant planet molds then they're missing a golden opportunity to make them into Hook, Line and Sinker.

See my digibash from 2 months ago:
    Hool, Line and Sinker

3. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    According to one of the MC guys (I forget whether it was Alvarez or Pete), they wanted to use the Space Team, but their molds have been used beyond repair.

My guesses as to who's who:
    -Longarm= Astro-Hook
    -Overcast= Astro-Line
    -Deepdive= Astro-Sinker

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    That was the old cancelled Universe Spacewarp toy that would have featured the Space Team repaints. The Spacewarp color scheme will be used for Astrotrain; the Mini-Cons will not.

Reportedly, the Space Team molds have gone the same way as the RiD Autobot Brothers molds.

5. Blitzwing

Blitzwing Enigmatic by nature

Wish I could afford to buy them, not often digibashes become reality.

I did this digibash a while back too.
    [​IMG]
    Damn it I want a free set if he actually has the symbol!

6. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Hmm, a second exclusive, you say? Who could it be???

7. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I'd like the second exclusive to be the Seacons (counted as one because of the gestalt, what, Piranacon?). Doesn't mean it's likely, though.

8. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I'm just hoping these are released before it comes time to renew. I have been extremly down on the club for awhile, but if these come out before the renewel date, and the mystery figure is very cool, I may eat my words and renew again. Still not sure though.

9. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    The club has been worth every penny IMO simply for the comic each issue.

10. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

I...Must...Have...This...Exclusive!!! I fell in love with this thing when I found out it was originally going to be called Spacewarp (a name I still really like). I like the mold and I love the colors...*sigh*...maybe it's time to join the club....unless there are some really cool people out there who want to hook up a fellow fan...

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just hope there's some way to just get those Minicons!

12. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I will have TWO Astrotrains this year. Yeah....

13. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    for the second exclusive i wouldnt mind having armada prime repainted with new heads as motormaster which then connects to astrotrain.

14. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

Giant team kinda work as Hook, Line and Sinker.

Might have been interested if they didn't come with Spacewarp, but they do.

Phazer

15. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Astrotrain sounds good... I'm more interested to see what's up with the second exclusive. Hopefully, these come out before it's time for me to renew... I'm kind of dissapointed with the club of late and the club exclusives are one of the things that have me sticking around. I'm getting tired of waiting for these two that were promised for this year, but I understand that they seem to be having their own problems with the dopes in China or whatever. It's not like I'd cancel my membership though, I guess, I mean... I really want to finish off this combiner...

16. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Will we still be able to get these even if we arent club members, does anyone know? I love that colorsceme, it looks awsome.

17. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    It's too bad this is coming out so close to Classics Astrotrain. It's completely outshined by the Classics version.

18. Junior

Junior Wise Beyond My Years TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I guessing the second exclusive will be an addition for this year's botcon set. really, why show Tarantulas without making a toy for him?

Just a guess and an opinion though.

19. Prime Evil

Prime Evil Renegade

I'm still hoping for a repaint of GF Starscream. I mean they did say that they were waiting for China to get back to MC. We did get him here, but only in limited release with VP. I hope that it'll be a new character too. *crosses fingers*

20. Blastwave

Blastwave Well-Known Member

That'd be off the astro-hook. Get it? HA!

Anyway, Motormaster would be awesome, or Octane too (going with the triple changers theme) but I would even settle for another Nemesis Prime, as long as it connects. That would be one bad a** looking Decepticon if they did it.

I still think BW Megs will be the second exclusive. He still seems too big to be offered with the Botcon set (which means it'll probably be Tigertron and Waspinator at the convention). I'm still hoping for a new Tarantulas though...