Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

My Little Pony

Reply Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #23991
Idol of Millions
Collection Count: 200-ish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrixbeast View Post
But it's 65 episodes. Why make more when they can just let the episodes air through syndicate and still make money?
Because they need new episodes for the Hub and to drive the toyline with tie-in product placement I.E. Crystal Empire.

Hasbro isn't going to drop FIM simply because it's hit syndication, with the immediate success of pretty much every fan-targeted supplemental merchandise in addition to the main toyline, they've struck a gold mine where nobody would have expected it and they're going to milk it for every last cent. The most recent viewership reports indicate that FIM is still on the rise with audience gains in every area (with the most coming from the actual target demographic) and is playing a BIG part in helping the Hub turn from a costly experiment into the next Golden-age Cartoon Network.

That, and William Anderson posted a poem titled "seasons" on DA a long while back when the initial panic of the shortened season that all but stated outright S3 is not the final season.

Plus, going off of what we know of Prime, with it too having a shortened season 3 but IIRC confirmed for at least S4 by Combs, it makes sense that Ponies, being the biggest show on the hub (still holds the most viewed time block record as of Canterlot Wedding), would follow suit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechafire
So not only are you racist against chicks who can't build alien robots, but now you're racist against Prime fans. Goddamnit, Burnout
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
To fight monsters, we just chucked a bunch of school-girls at them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gawddammit View Post
YOU NEED THE NEWEST MODEL NOW BECAUSE WE HAVE INFINITE SUPPLIES OF EVERYTHING.
Autobot Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #23992
Aerialbot
News Credits: 1
Quote:
But it's 65 episodes. Why make more when they can just let the episodes air through syndicate and still make money?
I'm kind of on the pessimistic side as well.

Just look at how long the average show lasts these days. It's lucky enough they got to 3 seasons with FiM, but I'm also of the thought process that Hasbro may find itself needing to 're-invent' or 'create a new variation' of the MLP theme.

We've seen how long the Transformers series have lasted (3 seasons of 'Transformers: Animated,' anyone?).
Signature images are to be no larger than 40 KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide. Your sig was 55.21 KB Height: 300 Width: 393 - 2005 Staff
uruseiranma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #23993
Reply Dump Extraordinaire
Collection Count: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoTFGuy View Post
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Q...InTheBooks.png

I just want to take a moment to say HHHHNNNNNGGGG!!!
HNNNNNG!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Burnout View Post
Because they need new episodes for the Hub and to drive the toyline with tie-in product placement I.E. Crystal Empire.

Hasbro isn't going to drop FIM simply because it's hit syndication, with the immediate success of pretty much every fan-targeted supplemental merchandise in addition to the main toyline, they've struck a gold mine where nobody would have expected it and they're going to milk it for every last cent. The most recent viewership reports indicate that FIM is still on the rise with audience gains in every area (with the most coming from the actual target demographic) and is playing a BIG part in helping the Hub turn from a costly experiment into the next Golden-age Cartoon Network.

That, and William Anderson posted a poem titled "seasons" on DA a long while back when the initial panic of the shortened season that all but stated outright S3 is not the final season.

Plus, going off of what we know of Prime, with it too having a shortened season 3 but IIRC confirmed for at least S4 by Combs, it makes sense that Ponies, being the biggest show on the hub (still holds the most viewed time block record as of Canterlot Wedding), would follow suit.
Autobot Burnout, I don't care what anyone says about you, you're a smart cookie.
Quote:
We're just not British enough to understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
BLASPHEMER!!! May you burn in a pile of molten ABS plastic!!!
My DeviantArt
SideswipePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #23994
Hecho en Argentina
Send a message via MSN to Brave Magnus

Here is the official dub of "REturn of Harmony" for Latin America. I could get used to this Discord voice. ^^
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
Brave Magnus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #23995
Idol of Millions
Quote:
Originally Posted by uruseiranma View Post
I'm kind of on the pessimistic side as well.

Just look at how long the average show lasts these days. It's lucky enough they got to 3 seasons with FiM, but I'm also of the thought process that Hasbro may find itself needing to 're-invent' or 'create a new variation' of the MLP theme.

We've seen how long the Transformers series have lasted (3 seasons of 'Transformers: Animated,' anyone?).
Animated was cut short, but was otherwise planned to go on to at least Season 4. Allspark Almanac II proves this with all the hard copy prototypes of figures for Hot Shot, Marauder Megatron, etc. and the episode plans. Part of the falling out between Hasbro and Cartoon Network was the shitty way CN handled Animated by never putting it in a prime timeslot. The Hub was created so Hasbro didn't have to deal with that anymore.

Besides, MLP also serves as a great method of trying to spread the popularity around with the target demographic. Having stayed to see the LPS premiere after Crystal Empire, this was a smart move as LPS is at least a decent show and kids will like it if they are watching ponies anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideswipePrime View Post
Autobot Burnout, I don't care what anyone says about you, you're a smart cookie.
Hmmm...THE LEGITIMACY OF MY ALWAYS-BEING-CORRECTNESS HAS BEEN DOUBLED!
Quote:
So not only are you racist against chicks who can't build alien robots, but now you're racist against Prime fans. Goddamnit, Burnout
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #23996
Real Life Cat Girl
Collection Count: 29
MLP is gonna be around for at least a 4th season. It'd be a horrible business move to ax it with how popular it is.
Quote:
Incorrect. He just said you're smart, not always correct.
That's us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Scream
Butts.
thecollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #23997
Reply Dump Extraordinaire
Collection Count: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Magnus View Post

Here is the official dub of "REturn of Harmony" for Latin America. I could get used to this Discord voice. ^^
It's good...but he's no John Delancie

Quote:
Quote:
We're just not British enough to understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
BLASPHEMER!!! May you burn in a pile of molten ABS plastic!!!
My DeviantArt
SideswipePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #23998
Idol of Millions
The best just got better
Rainbow Dash and the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny - FIMFiction.net
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #23999
Overseer of Weird
Collection Count: never counted
News Credits: 7

Xbox Live: Snafu Gundam / WiiU: SnafuGundam
excelhedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #24000
Real Life Cat Girl
Collection Count: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by excelhedge View Post