Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

The 1994 American Godzilla Script

Reply Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2009, 04:35 PM   #1
Technobot
The 1994 American Godzilla Script

As you all know we learned in later years about the original intended idea for the Godzilla 94 film, and we were all pissed at Tristar & the ID4 A-holes for ruining Godzilla in the 1998 atrocity even more!!

For those who hadn't seen it, I found what it's sez to be the final draft script of the 1994 idea before it was scrap by Tristar, written by Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio!! Links to their past work http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Rossio http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Elliott

If you wonder how the Legendary Pictures Godzilla should be made(if it does) The 1994 script could provide good ideas. http://www.wordplayer.com/archives/GODZILLA.cover.html It's 119 pages I think!!

go to bottom and Press Intro, go bottom and then Press Script(trust me that's how it works)
WWMEGATRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:15 AM   #2
~Gojira Senpai~
Collection Count: A "Meh" amount.
News Credits: 2
Yeah, the 94 film would've been kick-ass, i think there's a trailer for the 94 film on youtube.
Tkemert20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:25 AM   #3
James Franco Club!

News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWMEGATRON View Post
...and we were all pissed at Tristar & the ID4 A-holes for ruining Godzilla in the 1998 atrocity even more!!
No, we weren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Franco
If I see your **** one more time I'm gonna ******' shoot it off!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIO View Post
All of you die. NOW.
McBradders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:49 AM   #4
Dutchman!
News Credits: 15
Send a message via AIM to Ra88 Send a message via MSN to Ra88
Even if the film would have happened, I doubt that it would have been good. It just sounds, well, too ambitious. Besides, IMO an American remake NEEDS to have the same metaphor and basic story as the first movie. Monster versus monster action is NOT Godzilla to me, even if that's what almost all movies have been about.
Ra88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:27 AM   #5
I'm an agile cat.
Collection Count: Shrek is life.
News Credits: 1
The premise behind the actual '98 Godzilla movie was sound. It was basically a slightly modern-ized version of Godzilla's orginal premise, though it was missing the grim tone of the original for the most part. Hell, even Godzilla's design wasn't half bad, and I'll admit that when it came out I kinda liked it and the series that followed.

''Brevity is the soul of wit.'' - Bill Shakesguy
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:31 AM   #6
old misery guts
News Credits: 6
I would've preferred to see the eighties version, with the Bill Stout Godzilla in 3D stop-motion.

But I don't really know enough about it to say whether it would've actually been any good or not.
Bumblethumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:33 AM   #7
Mainly lurking these days
Send a message via MSN to Takara_destron Send a message via Skype™ to Takara_destron
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
The premise behind the actual '98 Godzilla movie was sound. It was basically a slightly modern-ized version of Godzilla's orginal premise, though it was missing the grim tone of the original for the most part. Hell, even Godzilla's design wasn't half bad, and I'll admit that when it came out I kinda liked it and the series that followed.
I honestly think for a run of the mill monster movie its great. However for a "Godzilla" film its a mess. I can't fault the design in any way either, it was fantastic then and I still think its fantastic now.
Takara_destron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:44 AM   #8
Collection Count: Never counted, like 50?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWMEGATRON View Post
As you all know we learned in later years about the original intended idea for the Godzilla 94 film, and we were all pissed at Tristar & the ID4 A-holes for ruining Godzilla in the 1998 atrocity even more!!
No. The 1998 movie is the only good Godzilla movie. The rest are horrible abominations. That should be destroyed.
Movie Megatron's weapon is a flail, not a morning star.
Generations is ONLY DELUXES!
lars573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:50 AM   #9
old misery guts
News Credits: 6
I still don't think the 98 Godzilla is all that bad. I'd give it a solid 5.5, maybe even a 6 out of 10. Flawed, but worth a look. I do think it's underrated to a degree(at least in comparison to the kind of ratings similarly stupid movies get).

My theory is on a subconscious level, whether it's good or bad, a lot of people just don't like a movie where it rains all the time. Not an escapism movie at any rate.

I know they used the man-in-suit technique for one or two scenes. I'd still like to see some of the outtakes for that stuff.
Bumblethumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:52 AM   #10
is not insane. Really!
Insane Galvatron's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Too many to count.
News Credits: 7
Send a message via AIM to Insane Galvatron Send a message via MSN to Insane Galvatron Send a message via Yahoo to Insane Galvatron Send a message via Skype™ to Insane Galvatron
Put me down for actually liking the '98 film. I thought it was a good update to Godzilla.

Click my sig to buy my Botcon stuff!
Insane Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote