Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Toys for Tots donations

Reply Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
Taylor Swift Actionmaster

Lumpy's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 9 million cacti...
News Credits: 28
Toys for Tots donations

Has anyone donated to Toys for Tots this year?

I try to donate at least 13 toys a year, one for each month, plus an extra one for my birthday, because if i can get more toys that month, i can make sure a kid gets one as well.

I just went to Family Dollar yesterday, and they had DOTM deluxes for $5, plus a buy one, get one 50% off. so it's like 8 bucks for 2 DOTM deluxes. that's definitely going to help me achieve my goal this year, as well as some of the other toys i've picked up over the last year.

Also, anyone who's tired of seeing shelves full of Prime Bumblebee, pick up one, donate it to Toys for Tots, and if others in your area do the same, new cases will come in eventually, so it's a win-win.

I also recommend volunteering, if you can, to help out on the days when the toys are actually distributed. I don't know if its the same everywhere, but here the parents were allowed to walk through with a volunteer and "shop" for the toys they wanted for their kids. it's really amazing when you see how excited they get because they know that they can give their kids something new and fun this year on Christmas.

I really love helping out Toys for Tots, and giving the gift of Transformers. You never know who's life you could effect, maybe you'll give a TF to the next great TF designer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIO View Post
I love it. Can't wait to get it from Lumpy
FEEDBACK
Do you like stupid & inappropriate? Then follow me on Twitter @mrlumptastic
Lumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:14 PM   #2
Garbage Pail Kid
I work in city hall so there's always a collection every year. I usually buy some TFs to donate.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
Starroid Raider
Mutt12's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: A ton
I usually do around Christmas time.
My DeviantArt Gallery / My Tumblr / My Ebay auctions
My custom toy store:

Board members use code TFW2005 for a 10% discount!
Mutt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #4
Super Sentai Purist
Orion_Prime48's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: around 200
News Credits: 3
Send a message via MSN to Orion_Prime48
I havnt yet but I plan on going to family dollar and buying a bunch of the $5 DOT deluxes and donating them
XBL Gamertag: TheTwistadOne48

My Sale Thread
Orion_Prime48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #5

Lumpy's Ebay Auctions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion_Prime48 View Post
I havnt yet but I plan on going to family dollar and buying a bunch of the $5 DOT deluxes and donating them
I'm really glad I found those, I think I'm gonna go get 6 or 8 deluxes to donate, maybe see what else i can find to donate. I know i've got a few older Cybertron scouts that i purchased with customizing in mind, but doubt that'll happen now. so might as well donate them and get rid of stuff.
Quote:
FEEDBACK
Old 11-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #6
Prototype Black
Satomiblood's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Eleventy Billion
I'm a little apprehensive about donating to Toys for Tots. It has nothing to do with the program, but I've heard and read stories of people vulturing the donation bins, looking to see if there are any hot Christmas items or collectibles. But I suppose I can bypass the bins and donate them directly? I have to admit that I haven't researched this in full.
Satomiblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #7

Lumpy's Ebay Auctions
I've not heard of that, but big bins in front of TRU are probably subject to that, which is unfortunate and lame. definitely a great program to donate to though, that way the parents can focus on more practical gifts, like clothing.
Quote:
FEEDBACK
Old 11-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #8
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: too many
Every time I buy cases of Transformers from BBTS the extra ones go into the toys for tots bins. Usually turns to 6-8 figs a year. Our hospital also has a wish tree for local kids. My wife and I do 2 of those a year.

The bins don't get anything from me. Take them to your local Firehouse. They use them also to console kids of tragic events too.
Feedback
MidnightBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #9
TFW's Asexiest Member
Collection Count: 500+
News Credits: 3
Toys for Tots is one of the only charities I like and to which I donate every Christmas. I actually keep my eyes open all year for sales/deals/clearances on TFs, pick stuff up as I see it and then add it to the pile in my storage room to donate when the bins go up. I haven't dropped off my donations yet, but I have something like 4 - 5 Voyagers, 15 Deluxes, 4 - 5 Scouts and a few other random items ready go once I find a good drop-off point. Doesn't compare to the year Hasbro did that "spend $25, get 3 Deluxes, no limit per household" offer; I think I donated about 30 or 40 RotF Deluxes that year alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satomiblood View Post
It has nothing to do with the program, but I've heard and read stories of people vulturing the donation bins, looking to see if there are any hot Christmas items or collectibles.
If I'm donating anything remotely desirable or collectible, I double-bag everything in shopping bags and tie them securely so that people can't see what's inside. While it's not a sure-fire way to prevent people taking good stuff, it makes it more difficult and, hopefully, time-consuming enough that someone would notice the bin being sorted through.
Scantron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #10
Galaxy Force fan boy!
Shockwave9227's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 230 (counting cassettes, Targetmasters, and Mini-Cons)
News Credits: 2
Sadly my dad doesn't support charity yet we needed it at some point and were kinda being supported by it for a brief time.

My collection
Feedback
My original series WIP!
Shockwave9227 is offline   Reply With Quote