Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Unicron9 Custom Workshop

Reply Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
Chaos Bringer 9
Unicron9's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: A couple of hundred
Unicron9 Custom Workshop

Open for commissions!

As a HUGE fan of most great things sci-fi/fantasy/nerd/robot/space/alien that has existed over the last 40 years, I know what serious collectors want. I am a collector myself with hundreds of figures on display and even more boxed up that I have no display space for! This means I am selective, and picky about a figure having the details just right and looking like much more than a "toy".

I have done hundreds of custom figures over several years for tons of inspired and often quite creative fans, and through that journey I have met some really great people, many who keep coming back for more work.
Though I have been an artist for as long as I can remember, customizing figures is where it all seemed to lead me to. Through trial and error as well as years of experimenting on my own stuff, reading and watching tutorials, and gathering the best tools and paints I could get, I became a trusted name in custom figures. Though it is also important for me to make money as a stay at home father of 3, action figure customizing is by far my favorite hobby I have ever had and my primary creative outlet. I absolutely love discovering the possibilities in a pile of figures and parts to create something new, and helping other people bring their ideas to life.

I use only high quality paints, protective sprays, and proper preparation work to ensure your custom figure lasts.

Do you have a dream figure you want made? I probably want to make it for you! Here's how easy it is to get started-
1. Email me at tjwilferd@yahoo.com with your ideas to get price quotes and other info.
2. Mail me the base figure or link me to what you want me to buy then send the cost to my Paypal.
3. I will contact you when base figure(s) arrive
4. you pay to my paypal and I get to work ASAP (Can pay half up front and other half after if over $200)

I do customs in the order they are paid, but I also usually put in hours each day and work fairly fast so wait times are almost always short, if any at all.
Customers can expect frequent updates, very fast email responses, honest opinions, quick overall turnaround, photos of progress, clear final photos, and the custom is not completed until YOU love it.
I have a workshop full of toys, parts, tools, and paints, ready to work on whatever the next figure may be!

I have only one pet peeve in my work, and that is when someone sends me photos of someone else's custom after paying me to do theirs, and says something along the lines of "I want mine to look just like this or better". I do not copy other artist's work or use it for direct reference. I feel that if a person wants someone else's work they should be going to that artist.
Many ideas are pretty basic or obvious, since only some figures make a good base for certain characters, but even with something as done-before as repainting a Starscream to Thundercracker it would be my version with the customer's guidance and approval, not done specifically in another artist's style. (You might be surprised how many people have messaged me asking "How much to do this" with someone else's custom work photo attached over the years).

See more of my work at Unicron9 on deviantART or follow me on facebook at Unicron9 Custom Figures Workshop | Facebook or just google (image search) Unicron9 for a flood of my work!

If you have bought from me before, please feel free to leave a comment about it here!

Every figure I do as a commission is guaranteed for life, or as long as I am doing custom figures at least, which I hope will be many years to come!
Customer can send back any figure directly commissioned from me to get any accidents touched up or fixed for free, only paying the shipping charges.

Over 440 custom figures sold or done as commissions since 2008.

Below are a few of my customs.
Thanks for looking!
Attached Thumbnails
Unicron9 Custom Workshop-dsc04594.jpg   Unicron9 Custom Workshop-dsc04094.jpg   Unicron9 Custom Workshop-dsc03371.jpg   Unicron9 Custom Workshop-dsc03502.jpg   Unicron9 Custom Workshop-dsc03567.jpg  

Unicron9 Custom Workshop-dsc03140.jpg   Unicron9 Custom Workshop-dsc07983.jpg   Unicron9 Custom Workshop-dsc08018.jpg   Unicron9 Custom Workshop-dsc02117.jpg   Unicron9 Custom Workshop-dsc06245.jpg  

Unicron9 Custom Workshop-dsc06352.jpg   Unicron9 Custom Workshop-dsc05226.jpg   Unicron9 Custom Workshop-2.jpg   Unicron9 Custom Workshop-dsc00722.jpg   Unicron9 Custom Workshop-dsc06886.jpg  

Unicron9 Custom Workshop-dsc08541.jpg   Unicron9 Custom Workshop-dsc08967.jpg   Unicron9 Custom Workshop-dsc00118.jpg   Unicron9 Custom Workshop-dsc00275.jpg   Unicron9 Custom Workshop-dsc01451.jpg  

Unicron9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
Lurker
cryonaut's Ebay Auctions
Unicron-9 Feedback

To anyone looking for a custom bot, I HIGHLY recommend Unicron-9's Workshop. Not only is TJ's work absolutely top-notch, but he is really great to work with as well. He covers every aspect of working on a commission with top-level professionalism in my opinion. I think the pictures of his work speak for themselves so I don't need to gush about how smooth his paint-jobs are. Aside from that though, he's friendly and down to earth (which makes it easy to communicate and work with him), great at collaborating on custom ideas, able to come up with ingenuitive solutions, quick to respond and provide updates while work is being done, and is willing to work with customers on commission schedules and payment plans. Plus, he KNOWS his G1, which is important in my book. I've attached a few more examples of his awesome work.

Note: I was not paid in any way to gush like that. I'm just a very happy customer.
Attached Thumbnails
Unicron9 Custom Workshop-ark_crew_member__brawn_by_unicron9-d38r78s.jpg   Unicron9 Custom Workshop-ark_crew_member__gears_by_unicron9-d384w6d.jpg   Unicron9 Custom Workshop-ark_crew_member__windcharger_by_unicron9-d3dmxr8.jpg  
cryonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:46 PM   #3
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 2
Just received three commissioned pieces - a BW inferno repaint, some painted classics repro seeker null rays, and a KO device label ravage into Ramhorn. Very fast turnaround with terrific communication and reasonable prices. Thanks again!
[SIZE="1"]Beast Wars Accessories from Shapeways!! Dinobot's sword, Rampage's Spark holder and more! Shapeways Store and Radicons Thread w/ pics
supervir2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:45 AM   #4
Emerald Green
exomega255's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Around 1000
News Credits: 21
Recieved 3 commissioned piece from TJ. He is a great guy to work with. The fastest turnarounds and one of the most professional paint jobs I have seen. Very knowledgable. He is very patient with me when we were bouncing ideas, and I tend to be VERY picky!

highly recommended!

He has excellent communication as well. We exchanged over 200 emails over the course of 2 weeks about the project.
Feedback/My Sales
exomega255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:11 AM   #5
Maximal
Rick2345's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 132
I'd like to know how much that omega supreme figure is or how much you charge for a custom pm me please
"Sometimes even the wisest of man or machine can make an error."- Optimus Prime
Rick2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:25 AM   #6
Chaos Bringer 9
Unicron9's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: A couple of hundred
Thanks for the kind words guys!
PMed ya Rick.
Unicron9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:54 AM   #7
Mini-Con
Collection Count: 70+
custom Kup

I recently purchased this custom Kup from Unicron9 and cannot express enough how happy I am. The pictures do not really tell all. There is a certain uniqueness to the color that will not come across in photos. He has so captured the essence of Kup, Tj is truly a gifted artist. The way this looks here, in front of me, the windshield screams g1 Kup. this also won't show as dynamic as it really is. My pictures do not do this work of art justice. the attention to detail is astounding.

I must admit I bought this as display piece, investment type of toy, but I cannot keep my hands off of it. In the month that I've had it I've transformed it at least 8 times. I'm sure you all know this toy is a very hands on transformation, and there is not even the slightest hint of the paint being affected, not a speck! Not a fleck!!

Dealing w/ Unicron9 was also a pleasure. Extremely professional and very courteous. I would recommend this artist before ANY other customizer. Many, many thanks for the pride of my toy collection, and I look forward to my next one.

sincerely, Ross

yarddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:07 AM   #8
Decepticon
Collection Count: 820
Very nice Kup and cool idea
ew1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:24 PM   #9
Mini-Con
zzffnn's Ebay Auctions
I highly recommend Unicon-9's custom work to anyone. I am a cheap bastard who is also very picky.Unicon-9 patiently worked with me, and make me very very happy, with my very very tiny budget. His custom work is top notch, IMHO the photo I am showing
here does not do justice to the model. The paint detials are amazing and movie acurrate. Unicon-9 also updated me every step along the custom process, took my inputs seriously, explained things to me in details and finished the work quickly. What more can I ask for. I feel very fortunate that I could work with Unicon-9!

Last edited by zzffnn; 07-27-2011 at 09:25 PM.. Reason: try to load picture correctly
zzffnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:30 PM   #10
Mini-Con
zzffnn's Ebay Auctions

http://unicron9.deviantart.com/art/O...Aunicron9&qo=3

Sorry I am not sure I posted the picture correctly, but anyway here is the web page showing the exact one I have in hand.
zzffnn is offline   Reply With Quote